Join us as a Machine Learning Engineer (m/f/d) in our Demand Prediction Team to improve our next generation ridesharing service.
MOIA is an innovative mobility company that will change people’s lives by re-imagining urban mobility. MOIA will create services that enable more people to move more freely and securely, ultimately making cities better places to live. We will free up the movement of people and goods within cities while making mobility accessible to everyone. That means we will:
- Make city traffic clean, safe and silent
- Create more time and space for people
- Bring affordable and convenient mobility to everybody
About the Demand Prediction Team
In virtually every part of our products we rely on using data to invent and improve. You will work in a highly skilled cross functional team of Data Engineers, Data Analysts, and Data Scientists responsible for turning data into knowledge needed for our success.
Your team estimates on future demand and enables the teams around shift planning, pricing, fleet supply, routing and others to make MOIA successful.
Demand prediction enables:
- Optimized driver shift deployment
- Right price at the right time
- Optimized spatial fleet distribution
- Heuristic offer generation
What you will do
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain machine learning models to enhance MOIA’s products
- Improve our capabilities to predict future demand
- You will be working with our data scientists to determine adequate machine learning models, test them with available data and put them into our production systems
- You will be part of a team where continuous integration, peer reviews, code reviews, are practiced
What will help you to fulfill your role
The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves solving problems, is excited to work in high-performance teams, and can thrive in a startup culture.
- A degree in a quantitative scientific discipline and/or several years of proven work experience as a Data Engineer with Machine Learning focus
- Experience with building, refining, deploying and maintaining machine learning models at scale, the ability to intuitively select the right model type for the right situation and justify the choice clearly
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least two of the following or similar languages: Python, SQL, R, Scala, Julia. Experience with Pandas or Spark is a big plus
- Knowledge in time series and spatial prediction methods
- Knowledge of visualization tools (e.g. Matplotlib, Bokeh, or similar)
- Experience with building and/or running large-scale applications on a PaaS/SaaS clouds is a plus
- Fluent communication in English is a must
What we offer you
We are a new company and a fast-growing team. We see things from a people's perspective, observing, learning and responding to their social needs. We are always curious to find better ways to do things and so we question everything. We are driven by the possibilities better urban mobility solutions can unlock. We work with different people, disciplines, and companies to make great things happen. MOIA offers a unique opportunity as it combines the best of the startup and corporate worlds. We are an innovative new business based in top locations such as Berlin and Hamburg but are also backed by a large corporate parent providing funding, resources, know-how, and commitment.
What we offer in detail
- We believe good ideas count more than hierarchies
- You’ll work together with enthusiastic engineers
- Competitive salary including bonus and a mobility budget
- Continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings & attendance of conferences
- Job Ticket (public transport)
- Subsidisation of a fitness club membership or a decent bicycle
- Fresh fruits & soft drinks
- 30 days of holiday
- Relocation support
- Office dogs