Join us as a Data Scientist (f/m/d) as part of the Demand Prediction Team in our Data Insights domain to improve our next generation ridesharing service.
MOIA is an innovative mobility company that will change people’s lives by re-imagining urban mobility. MOIA will create services that enable more people to move more freely and securely, ultimately making cities better places to live. We will free up the movement of people and goods within cities while making mobility accessible to everyone. That means we will:
- Make city traffic clean, safe and silent
- Create more time and space for people
- Bring affordable and convenient mobility to everybody
At the moment, we have a home office first working style.
Our Demand Prediction Team
In virtually every part of our products we rely on using data to invent and improve. You will work in a highly skilled cross functional team of Data Engineers, Data Analysts, and Data Scientists responsible for turning data into knowledge needed for our success.
The Demand Prediction team estimates on future demands around shift planning, pricing, fleet supply, routing and others to make MOIA successful.
What you will do
- You will investigate complex patterns in diverse data sources, write research reports, and explain the results to business stakeholders in plain English or German
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain machine learning models to enhance MOIA’s products
- You will be part of a team where continuous integration, peer reviews, code reviews, are practiced
What will help you to fulfill your role
The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves solving problems, is excited to work in high-performance teams, and can thrive in a startup culture.
- A postgraduate degree in a quantitative scientific discipline and/or several years of work experience as a Data Scientist in a commercial environment
- A profound knowledge of statistics
- Experience with building machine learning models, the ability to intuitively select the right model type for the right situation and justify the choice clearly
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python and software engineering best practices
- Experience with Panda
- Knowledge of visualization tools like Matplotlib, Bokeh, or similar
- Experience with building and/or running large-scale applications on a PaaS/SaaS clouds
- Effective communication skills and an interest in being part of highly autonomous and cross-functional teams
- Fluent communication in English is a must
What we offer you
We are a new company and a fast-growing team. We see things from a people perspective, observing, learning and responding to their social needs. We are always curious to find better ways to do things and so we question everything. We are driven by the possibilities better urban mobility solutions can unlock. We work with different people, disciplines and companies to make great things happen. MOIA offers a unique opportunity as it combines the best of the startup and corporate worlds. We are an innovative new business based in top locations such as Berlin and Hamburg, but are also backed by a large corporate parent providing funding, resources, know-how and commitment.
What we offer in detail
- We believe good ideas count more than hierarchies
- You’ll work together with enthusiastic engineers
- Competitive salary including bonus and a mobility budget
- Continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings & attendance of conferences
- Job Ticket (public transport)
- Subsidisation of a fitness club membership or a decent bicycle
- Fresh fruits & soft drinks
- 30 days of holiday
- Relocation support
- Office dogs