Data protection information according to Art. 13 GDPR
In the following, we would like to inform you about the handling of your personal data. The protection of your privacy is very important to us. Your personal data will only be processed in accordance with data protection regulations.
What is personal data?
Your personal data includes all information that can be assigned to you as a person. This includes, but is not limited to, your name, email address and cell phone number.
Who is responsible for data processing?
Responsible for the processing of your personal data in connection with the use of our websites and apps is - unless otherwise regulated below - MOIA GmbH, Alexanderufer 5, 10117 Berlin, registered in the Commercial Register of the Berlin-Charlottenburg District Court under HRB 189716 B ("MOIA", "we", "us").
Insofar as third-party websites are linked, the respective provider is responsible for data processing in connection with the use of the linked website.
What data do we collect?
As part of the registration process, we process your contact data such as name and email address.
The event is open to the public after registration and will be accompanied by media. It is foreseen that photos will be excluded during the event.
Feedback from participants is important to us, so you will be given the opportunity to provide feedback.
For what purposes do we process personal data?
We process data for the following purposes:
- Planning and implementation of the event (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR).
- Communication with the participants (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR)
- Public relations (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR; the legitimate interest is the publicity of the event and follow-up events)
Sharing and further use of data in the context of social media
Consent also includes the taking and use of photos to be used for social media such as LinkedIn and Twitter. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a, 49 I lit. a GDPR.
The data may be stored outside the European Union or the European Economic Area. Social media platforms often operate from the USA without an adequacy decision pursuant to Article 45(3) GDPR or adequate safeguards pursuant to Article 46 GDPR.
You expressly consent to the transfer by signing up. Possible risks that cannot be excluded in connection with publication on social media platforms outside the European Union or the European Economic Area are in particular:
- Your personal data could possibly be passed on by the platform operator or third parties beyond the actual purpose to other third parties who use your data, e.g. for advertising purposes
- You may not be able to assert or enforce your rights against the platform operator or third parties
- The likelihood of incorrect data processing may be increased because the technical and organizational measures taken by the platform operator to protect personal data do not fully meet the requirements of the GDPR in terms of quantity and quality
- In particular, if the data recipient is located in the USA, there is a risk that governmental (US) authorities may address requests for information to the platform operator as data recipient and that governmental (US) authorities may thus view your personal data. In principle, this also complies with the provisions of European law, e.g. for the purpose of danger prevention. However, the permissibility threshold for such data processing is higher in the EU than in the country of the data recipient. In this context, possible legal protection for Europeans would also be virtually impossible.
Sharing of data and transfer to third countries
We use various services that process data on our behalf (e.g. hosting, e-mail dispatch, customer service). The respective service providers are vetted by us and ensure an appropriate level of data protection.
Under certain circumstances, data is transferred to countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area. In this case, appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure an adequate level of protection for the personal data of the natural persons concerned.
Data deletion generally takes place after the purpose has been achieved. Registration data will be deleted 30 days after the event.
Data subject rights
You have the possibility to receive information about your personal data stored by us. In addition, you have the possibility to request a correction, deletion and/or transfer of your data, to object to the processing, to revoke given consents and/or to complain to a supervisory authority for data protection.
For the assertion of your data subject rights and for questions regarding data protection, you can also contact our data protection officer at any time. You can reach him at:
-Data Protection Officer-