Join us as a Scala Engineer (m/f/d) on a shared journey that matters!
Behind the scenes of our well-known vehicles, MOIA GmbH develops the technical products underlying MOIA. Our team of more than 200 employees develops an on-demand ridesharing service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
The enthusiasm we have is obvious. We love our cities, we love living in them and we love staying in motion with it. Simultaneously, we aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.
We have several positions open - Which team you could join
At MOIA Scala is a strategic choice and is one of the widely applied programming languages on the backend. We have many great cross-functional teams within MOIA that are looking for a Scala engineer. They are building services for different aspects of our product with topics ranging from:
- Providing the best possible ride offers for our passengers to fulfil their needs.
- Developing a scalable distributed system to manage all vehicles and customer trips and make sure our users have a safe and enjoyable ride.
- Providing smooth and secure payment functionality.
- Running simulations of diverse scenarios to continuously improve our service.
- And much more...
For more information about the different teams, please scroll down to the end of the page.
During our first conversation we will figure out together which team fits best to you. There you will also get more in-depth information of what is awaiting you when you join.
What will help you to fulfil your role
We accept all seniority levels. So don’t feel discouraged if you don’t meet all the enlisted skills. We embrace individual growth at MOIA.
- Have experience with or a strong interest in developing software in Scala in a functional programming style.
- Enjoy solving challenges in distributed systems.
- Have experience or interest in Kubernetes and AWS.
- Follow DevOps best practices and believe in automated testing, infrastructure as code, continuous deployment, and monitoring.
- Are keen to receive and give feedback in pairing and code review sessions.
- Have a strong sense of ownership and are eager to contribute from your first days on the new project.
- Have a customer-driven mindset.
- Communicate fluently in English.
Be who you are!
We are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. We are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary including bonus
- Flexible working hours & work arrangements
- Employee Share Ownership Program
- Public transport ticket (full coverage) & discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidisation of a fitness club membership or a Swapfiets/JobRad
- Continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings & workshops, conferences & language classes
- Mental health trainings and consultation & company doctor
- 30 days of vacation
- Relocation support
- Dog-friendly offices (only in HH)
Get more insights on how we work on our blog or follow us on Twitter.
MOIA teams that are looking for a Scala Software Engineers (m/f/d)