Join us as a Product Owner Automated Operations (m/f/d) on a shared journey that matters!
Behind the scenes of our well-known vehicles, MOIA GmbH develops the technical products underlying MOIA. Our team of more than 200 employees develops an on-demand ridesharing service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
The enthusiasm we have is obvious. We love our cities, we love living in them and we love staying in motion with it. Simultaneously, we aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.
About your team
We are a small cross-functional and diverse team of engineers and domain experts, passionately solving complex problems of in-field and on-site fleet operations and increasing customer and driver satisfaction, while maximizing operational efficiency and decreasing costs. We provide an optimization service which is capable of all that! Our mission is to optimize fleet operations - imagine a 1000x complex version of Tetris. 😉
We live by the saying: “you build it, you run it”. We strive for calm nights and weekends without incidents by delivering software with the highest engineering quality. We prioritise collaboration and knowledge exchange within the team and also across teams.
What you will do
- Build a world class optimization product: Managing a fleet of hundreds of battery electric vehicles for a pooled ridesharing service requires a highly scalable and effective optimization system. We strive for a world class digital optimization product specifically optimized for our complex operational scenarios and unit economics requirements.
- You will be responsible to develop a digital platform that optimizes our in-field fleet operations to match customer demand and balance existing shift plans as well as battery-electric charging. All with a sharp focus on efficiency and unit economics. Using analytics, simulations and data science driven approaches like predictions engines does spice up the job.
- Drive a culture of excellence: Product Owners are the senior members of our Product Management team and are the gatekeepers of our core values. You will manage unknowns and uncertainty and take responsibility for serving our operational partners and customers in the most convenient and efficient way.
- You inspire and coach your team with clear missions and expectations.
What will help you to fulfill your role
The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves solving complex problems, is keen in managing multiple stakeholders with different backgrounds, is excited to work in high-performance teams, and can thrive in a startup culture.
- Excellence: You have an analytical mindset and you are keen on interpreting complex data. You bring along a structured approach to solve multi dimensional problems and are talented to communicate complex facts in an easy to understand narrative. Real-world experience in operational optimization, technical development or data science is a plus. Yet while shooting for the stars, you are also highly interested and empathic in regards to the needs of our drivers and operational staff.
- Visionary: You think big, craft compelling visions for your ideas, and understand what makes your products commercially viable (or not).
- Pragmatist: You get things done, make sound decisions and resolve issues effectively.
- Strong communication skills: People enjoy working with you because you communicate well and evoke optimism, even when you’re communicating complex information. You inspire people by translating your in-depth subject expertise into clear and straightforward language. Plus you are not afraid of asking a lot of questions to refine your understanding.
- Fluent communication in German and English - both is required
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment, handle multiple priorities with tight deadlines.
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role yet. We embrace individual growth at MOIA.
Be who you are!
We are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. We are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary including bonus
- Flexible working hours & work arrangements
- Employee Share Ownership Program
- Public transport ticket (full coverage) & discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidisation of a fitness club membership or a Swapfiets/JobRad
- Continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings & workshops, conferences & language classes
- 30 days of vacation
- Relocation support
- Dog-friendly offices
Get more insights on how we work on our blog or follow us on Twitter.